Pages

Sunday, February 8, 2009

Improving Israeli Political Culture

I have been frustrated with some aspects of the political culture in Israel. I have expressed some of these frustrations here before. With 34 parties participating in this election, an all party debate is unrealistic. There is no reason why the major players don't debate each other to further clarify their positions and clear up misconceptions. With polls showing 30% of voters undecided a few weeks before the election I decided to help voters with their decision.

I decided a debate was needed. I teamed up with Rafi G who worked really hard to pull everything together. An online debate between was published this morning on his blog between Danny Hershtall for Yisrael Betaynu and Ariella Cottler for Likud.

This looks like it is going to be a very close election. I am hoping that this will help make a difference.

No comments: